Dog & Bone is York's one stop Vintage, Retro, Fashion and lifestyle paradise, located by The Coppergate Centre,at 28 Castlegate.
Nic fell in love with wearing vintage during his university days, and buying and selling not only became a passion, but a necessity to help fund that lifestyle itself.
It was in 2011 when he set a market stall in Brighton, on a windy racecourse in order to sell all the clothing he'd purchased over the years, in the midst of the recession. From then, grew what was to be called Dog & Bone Vintage - a name derived from Nic's surname, Barker, trading online and referencing the rag & bone trade.
From online, to market stalls, the first clothing shop on Gillygate was born in 2013, and expanded to the store it is today in 2015, stocking a huge range of vintage fashion sourced from across Europe & America for guys and girls. The extensive hand picked selection of vintage clothing features on trend, branded and classic items from the 50s through to the 90s & early 00s. Dog & Bone Vintage are also home to selected lifestyle & apothecary products;
Application Open: March 21st 2019
Application Deadline: April 31st 2019
Interviews: May 2019
Start Date: July 2019
We are looking for one full time member of staff to start in July 2019 for the role of Store Supervisor.
- Adaptability: As an independent business with limited resources the list of tasks required for this position is non-exhaustive and the candidate must be able to adapt to the demands of the business.
- A knowledge and passion of vintage clothing from the 70s to the 90s
- A basic knowledge of vintage clothing prior to the 70s and a desire to learn and develop that knowledge.
- A huge enthusiasm towards vintage clothing.
- An understanding of sales and customer service.
- Ability to proficiently communicate to colleagues, customers & management.
- Available to work a variety of hours: May sometimes involve late or early starts and various weekends.
- Ability to multi-task, being attentive to customers but remaining flexible to the needs of the business.
- An enthusiastic, friendly, energetic approach to customers with a genuine desire to provide incredible customer service.
- Basic knowledge and skills to re-work vintage clothing
- Ability to assist with the set up and take photos for social media with a DSLR camera.
- An understanding of social media, in particular, Instagram (including interaction, hashtags, reach etc)
- A knowledge of customer and market dynamics
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders. Will also regularly include steaming and labelling clothing.
- Customer Service
- Ability to work alone
- Money handling
- Knowledge of vintage clothing
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Team player
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com - In the cover letter it is essential you tell us how you would be suited to working in an independent business, and express knowledge and passion for vintage clothing. We’d also really like to hear about your retail experience. Please also note this is not a social media based role, but you may be required to participate and assist with our social media presence. We’d love to hear why you want to work in this store and what you’d bring to the business.
We will get back to all successful interview candidates in May 2019. Position begins July 2019. Application deadline is April 30th 2019